The Basic Firearm Safety course is designed to give you an introduction to firearms. This is the perfect course for those that are thinking of purchasing a first firearm or just want to know more. The intent of this course is to acquaint the student with the basic type of firearms and provide the knowledge to safely select, purchase, handle, and store a Firearm.
Learning Objectives for this course are:
- How to safely handle any firearm.
- Identify the different components of various firearms.
- Determine the difference between action types semi-auto, pump, revolver etc.
- Explain the firing sequence of a cartridge, how to identify and store.
- Identify the different types of malfunctions and how to react to them.
- Learn the elements of a two-handed, standing shooting position.
- Learn the four non-negotiable safety rules in shooting.
- Learn the different types of eye and ear protection as well as proper range dress.
- How to store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
Additionally this course introduces topics for the variety of firearms for sporting, hunting, and defensive activities and disciplines. The student is presented with the various organizations and options to gain proficiency should they choose to advance their knowledge. An introduction to the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship qualification is presented that covers a variety of shooting sports and activities.
The course is designed for a three (3) hour block of instruction based on the estimated length of each lesson. However, depending on participation and the knowledge level of students, class time may vary.
In this class there will be no actual live fire exercises. However, there will be demonstration and practical exercises using blue guns and laser simulators. Using what you learned you will have the opportunity to practice the two-handed, standing shooting position with both the blue gun and the laser simulator.
Pricing for Introduction to Firearms Safety:
Price for early registration is $50. Late registration or at the door is $55
Early registration is done through our Training Schedule or calling Frank @ 512-590-0754
Pricing for Private and Group training is available upon request.
We take cash, or check.