NRA Range Safty Officer
Classes & Services > Shooting Sports
What is an NRA Range Safety Officer?
The NRA Range Safety Officer program was developed in response to the demand for a nationally-recognized range safety officer certification. NRA Range Safety Officers are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
Who is this course for?
This NRA course is designed to prepare individuals who posess basic firearms knowledge to run a live fire range. Indoor and outdoor ranges are covered.
This course does not encompass the functions and responsibilities of a Range Officer, who conducts NRA competitive shooting events as defined by Rule 11.5 of the NRA Rule Books.
NRA Range Safety Officers must be 21 years of age or older.
What can you expect?
Every student will learn how to properly take control of firearms on the firing line, how to identify stoppages and malfunctions, and how to properly clear them. Upon completion of this course students will become NRA certified Range Safety Officers. Certified Range Safety Officers are required for all Boy Scouts of America shooting events, NRA sanctioned shooting competitions and events, as well as many other shooting events and practically every commercial shooting range and gun club. All workbooks, tests, certificates, firearms, dummy ammunition, range time, eye and ear protection are provided in this course.
What materials will you be provided?
Range Safety Officer packet with RSO course book and test
The Course Outline:
- The Role of a Range Safety Officer
- The purpose of Standard Operating Procedures
- Range Layouts and Limits
- Range Inspection
- Range Rules
- How to conduct a Range Safety Briefing
- Emergency Procedures
- Firearm Stoppages and Malfunctions
- How to properly control a shooter on the firing line
Price for the Range Safety Officer Course:
- Price for early registration is $150. Late registration or at the door is $175
- Registration is done through our Training Schedule or calling Frank @ 512-590-0754
- Pricing for Private and Group training is available upon request.
We take cash or check.